Agent VAPE News and Notes VAPE News: Daily Industry Report

Vape Device Vents During California Bus Ride

A 53-year-old man sustained severe burns after his vape device exploded during a bus ride in Fresno, California on Wednesday.
A 53-year-old man sustained severe burns after his vape device exploded during a bus ride in Fresno, California on Wednesday.

A bus ride in Fresno, California turned chaotic Wednesday when a man’s vape device exploded inside his pocket, stunning a female passenger sitting opposite him.

Video footage shows the 53-year-old tucking his device inside the front pocket of his pants before flames and sparks were expelled abruptly, causing third degree burns to his right hand and thigh, according to AOL News.

Local media reports suggest that the man may have neglected to power down his device before stowing it away, which caused it to overheat before violently exploding.

The man is expected to recover from his injuries.